Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hw 56 - Culminating project comments

Comments on my project:
Natalie said:


NatalieK said...
Ariel,

I thought your post was very funny. The images clearly displayed your reactions, while making the text more fun to read. I do wonder what made you go "huh" about the cremation facts. I do not find that information that surprising, as our society is evolving into a less religious state. I had never heard of resomation and it seems like an extremely cool idea. I believe it is clearly the most natural and should be made more widely known. I cannot say that I would particularly choose it, I want to be cremated I think, but it seems like a nice idea, that eventually you could help create a garden grow through your death.

Bryanna said:
Bryanna said...
Hey Ariel,
I think your post is really funny. It made want to read your blog as well as good to watch. I think this is so you to make a joke into everything and have fun in life, so why wouldn't you have fun you death. Good Job.

Ruben said:
RubenC said...
Ariel, I liked how you gave your perspective on death. Usually people are sad when death is around them, but you think the opposite. I would be sad if someone died, but I don't need to agree with you, for you to be correct.

Matt said:

matt's political/personal blog said...
Hey ariel, I really liked your post. It was full of color and it was fun to read. I liked that it was organized neatly into sections and the pictures made me want to continue reading. I think that if you put pictures of the cemeteries that would have been cool so people know what they are looking at and reading about. Other than that you did a great job.

Jessica said:
jessica c said...
hey ariel i enjoyed reading your project. it was funny and at the same time very unique. it had the key ideas of what we learned in class along with a little more depth of what we learned. maybe next time you could focus a little more deeper on the stuff we didnt learn inside class

Comments i made:

To Natalie:
ariel b. said...
Intriguing Quotes:
-Having the person look perfect through embalming, the burial spot, the priest, everything added up in cost and would have to be perfect, in order to ensure a rightful passage into the next life.
- It is no longer such a monstrous thing that it must be kept from a child, but instead something that they need to acknowledge, even at a young age.

I liked your post because not only did you show changes in the industry regarding death but you also interviewed your parents with examples. It's very interesting how your parents both sort of saw death as something that needed to be perfect or rather monstrous. What do you think fueled them to think that? It is explicable with your father talking about how it's haunted but random with your mom. Maybe you can ask them why they think that. Over all i think you did a great job with your comparisons and details. Good job.

To Bryanna:

ariel b. said...
You are very much right. An honest opinion is always great. I found what you said about peoples reactions to be humorous. Yet i agree some people might feel disrespected when you ask them questions like that. But have you wondered why? i think that it might be because they are scared of reality and prefer to ignore the fact that they will die. It was nice that you say you don't want others to be too worried about your death because your fun and funny. I feel the same way but since i know i like to give to others that's why i'd like resomation.

To Ruben:
ariel b. said...
When i read your project i noticed that your main point was how you thought that the deceased person wold be most happy if everything was perfect for their funeral. to support your opinion you followed through with quotes as evidence. It is hard to let one go and its sad but it doesn't have to be sad it can be really in any way as long as you accommodate the deceased. If you plan it then you can complete their last wishes so i concur. But i disagreee with the fact that you think it has to be perfect because no one is perfect but its up to you to make he best out of who you are.

To Jessica: 
ariel b. said...
WOW! Is definitely my initial reaction. I have to say that your friend is a very strong individual. I can tell that her family is religious because my grandma is religious herself and a similar situation occurred when my great grandmother passed away. It must be difficult to talk about a recent death. I find it very brave of you to have asked her for an interview. Maybe something that would of made it a little more interesting could have been her initial reaction and or reactions. Great job though.


-------------------------------------------------------------------
Comment from mentor:

My mentor said:





No comments:

Post a Comment